What is Telehealth?
Virtually everything is accessible either online or via our devices; it only makes sense that healthcare is as well. Telehealth is giving people an enhanced and easier means of consulting with their doctors, of getting support so that they can more effectively manage their own care, and of accessing vast amounts of information regarding the most relevant and important healthcare topics. It is about utilizing the incredible technology at our disposal to effectively deliver virtual medical services.
- You can access the medical information you need regardless of location: Very often those in more rural or remote areas don’t necessarily have the ability to see a doctor or specialists when needed. The advent of telehealth completely changes that dynamic. We expand our patient reach and increase the array of services offered to those in distant locations.
- The ability to save on otherwise mounting medical bills. Telemedicine has been shown to decrease the overall cost of healthcare. This is because it offers a way to diligently manage chronic conditions, cut down on office visits, and give patients less expensive access to specialists.
- In some instances, you receive superior healthcare through Telehealth services. Quality is never sacrificed. Particularly in the realm of mental health, studies have found that telemedicine actually benefits patients, providing, in some cases, more satisfactory outcomes.
- The convenience of receiving medical care right in your home. Reducing travel time and other common stressors related to patient care, Telehealth allows you to access some of the services and information you need all without having to leave your home.
Getting Started with Telehealth
Leafwing Counseling now offers Telehealth visits—you have the ability to videochat and consult with your counselor online.
The equipment needed:
- A computer or device with built-in camera and microphone. You can also purchase a separate webcam and microphone to connect to your computer.
- An internet/Wi-Fi connection that allows you to stream video. (Your speed should be at least 15MBPS for uploads and 5 MBPS for downloads.)
Is it right for you?
- Regardless of how “tech savvy” you may or may not be, LeafWing’s Teleheath service is super easy to use. If you’ve ever Skyped or Facetimed, you can use our telemedical platform.
- We’ve had patients of all ages and technological abilities take advantage of Telehealth for virtual sessions, to download critical health information, and even to get prescriptions filled.
LeafWing Counseling and Telehealth
- If you are currently an eVisit user, you can always contact our support team should any technical issues arise or if you have any questions.
- The eVisit platform really does mimic an in-person visit; just as if you were in the office, you can see your counselor and engage with him/her from the privacy of your own home. You will always meet with your chosen counselor.
- To subscribe to the service simply, click on the eVisit link and follow the instructions.
- All of the major insurance companies (Aetna, BCBS, United Healthcare, Cigna, Humana) do have coverage options for telemedicine. It is important though that you check with your provider first to verify what your policy covers.